Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Geriatrics/Palliative Care
University Medical Partners
San Jose, CA
University Medical Partners (UMP), a partner of Stanford Medicine, is seeking a full-time BC/BE Geriatrics/Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our clinic network in San Jose, CA.
Why practice with us?
- The Geriatrics/Palliative Care NP/PA is the primary point of contact for high-risk, high-acuity patients included in the Complex Clinical Care (CCC) program
- This position will require you to provide care independently in different settings including home visits, skilled nursing facilities, hospital visits, and step-down acute care facilities
- Geriatrics/Palliative Care NP/PA maintains constant care throughout the patient’s experience which includes onboarding, episodic service, and standard follow-up
- Responsible for initial assessment and Care Plan
- Reconcile and modify medications and care in collaboration with primary care physician
- Facilitate communication among patient, family caregivers, and health care professionals
- Conduct Home Safety Assessment and Comprehensive Chronic Condition Assessment (inclusive of HCC) within 72 hours of discharge
- Seeking dynamic Nurse Practitioner with at least 1 years’ clinical experience, preferably in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, or Palliative Care
- Must have a passion for working with a small population of complex senior patients
- Requires travel throughout South Bay Area
- Must possess high empathy and a commitment to deliver excellent quality and service as part of the Stanford Health Care CCC Team
- The incumbent must have proven skills in effective outreach; must have pleasant, direct, and clear communication
- The Geriatrics/Palliative Care NP/PA is expected to learn, use, and apply principles relating to Lean/Six Sigma, population management, quality principles and practices, motivational interviewing and care pathways in their daily work
- Must be able to use standard health care process improvement methodologies (CQI, Lean, PDSA)
- Competitive salary and generous benefit package including 401k, malpractice coverage and more
- Collaborative and collegial environment
- Physician-led and managed Medical Group
- Partner with Stanford University School of Medicine Faculty
- We utilize EPIC as our electronic medical record
- Relocation allowance
Our mission is to deliver on the promise of Precision Health and Wellness to our patients, their families, and the community we serve. We partner with Stanford Medicine in a common vision of clinical excellence, education, and innovation.
University Medical Partners, Inc. is a California professional corporation owned and led by physicians and other healthcare practitioners. We aim to enhance group and individual performance through a unified and high-quality clinician-led network.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.